Pinterest is a great platform for marketing handmade crafts, and it's the perfect place to showcase your creativity and attract customers who appreciate handmade products. With over 450 million monthly active users, Pinterest is a powerful tool that can help you reach a large audience and promote your online store.
Here are ten ways to market your handmade crafts on Pinterest:
- Optimize your Pinterest profile: Your Pinterest profile is the first thing people will see when they visit your page, so it's important to make a good first impression. Make sure your profile is complete, including a clear and concise description, a profile picture, and a link to your website. Use keywords in your description to help potential customers find your profile and products.
Tip: Keep your profile picture and cover image consistent with your brand identity, and use bright, bold colors that will stand out on Pinterest.
- Create boards: Boards are a way to organize your handmade crafts into categories or themes, and they make it easy for people to find what they're looking for. For example, if you sell handmade jewelry, you could create boards for different types of jewelry, such as bracelets, necklaces, and earrings.
Tip: Use descriptive titles and include keywords in your board descriptions to improve your chances of appearing in search results.
- Pin your products: Pins are the images that people see when they browse Pinterest, and they're the key to attracting people to your profile. Make sure your images are high-quality, visually appealing, and include a clear description of the product. Use lifestyle images that show your products in use and give customers an idea of what it would be like to own them.
Stat: Pins with a text overlay have a 23% higher click-through rate than those without.
- Use keywords: Pinterest is a search engine, so it's important to use relevant keywords in your pins, boards, and descriptions. This will help your products appear in search results when people are looking for products like yours.
Tip: Use the Pinterest search bar to see what keywords are popular in your niche, and include them in your descriptions and board titles.
- Engage with your audience: Engaging with your followers is a great way to build relationships and turn them into loyal customers. Respond to comments, thank people for their support, and share user-generated content to show that you appreciate them.
Business case example: Soap & Clay is a soap company that has built a loyal following on Pinterest by engaging with their audience. They respond to comments and questions on their pins, and they share user-generated content to showcase their customers' experiences with their products.
- Collaborate with other creators: Collaborating with other creators and bloggers in your niche is a great way to reach a wider audience and increase your followers. You can share their content and ask them to share yours, or you can team up on a project or event to create something new and exciting.
Business case example: The Pin Junkie is a DIY blog that collaborates with other bloggers in the DIY and crafting niche. They team up to create collaborative Pinterest boards, which helps them reach a wider audience and promote their blog and products.
- Run a Pinterest contest: Running a Pinterest contest is a fun way to engage with your audience and get them excited about your brand. You can ask people to create a board featuring your products, or you can ask them to repin one of your pins for a chance to win a prize.
Tip: Make sure your contest complies with Pinterest's guidelines, and be clear about the rules and how people can enter.
- Use rich pins: Rich pins provide additional information about your products, such as prices, availability, and even real-time updates on inventory. They can make your pins stand out in search results and make it easier for people to make a purchase.
- Promote your pins: Promoted pins are a paid advertising option on Pinterest that can help you reach a larger audience and drive more traffic to your website. You can target your ads to specific audiences based on their interests, behaviors, and demographics.
Business case example: The Etsy shop Viva Terra Studios used promoted pins to reach new customers and increase their sales. They were able to increase their website traffic by 300% and their sales by 50% using promoted pins.
- Use Pinterest Analytics: Pinterest Analytics is a powerful tool that can help you understand your audience, track your performance, and improve your marketing strategy. You can see which pins and boards are performing well, how much traffic is coming to your website, and who your audience is.
Tip: Use Pinterest Analytics to identify trends and patterns in your audience's behavior, and adjust your marketing strategy accordingly.
Pinterest is a great platform for marketing handmade crafts and promoting your online store. By optimizing your profile, creating boards, pinning your products, using keywords, engaging with your audience, collaborating with other creators, running contests, using rich pins, promoting your pins, and using Pinterest Analytics, you can build a strong presence on Pinterest and attract a loyal customer base. So, start pinning, get creative, and have fun!